LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY, 11/15/13



1 Corinthians 10:13


No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.



HISTORICAL CONTENT

Temptation is discussed in several books of
the Bible. The book of Matthew 4:1-11 has 
good examples of temptation.  The tempter
( the devil ) is trying to get Jesus to turn 
stone into bread.  He also suggests that He 
throw himself off the roof the temple if He is
the Son Of God.  Jesus warns him about 
trying to tempt Him. The tempter eventually
leaves because he can’t tempt Jesus to do
what he wants.


There are times when I have to decide if the
action I am going to take is right or wrong. Temptation,is like a bowl of chocolates.
I want to devour all of it without regard to
the calories and weight I will  gain after
it’s consumption. 

One method I can use to avoid temptation 
is to consider what is morally correct to Jesus.
The Bible has scriptures for me to study if I
need help with my decision. I have free will
to  do what I want. The choice is mine. I am 
blessed with a conscience and I get a guilty
feeling when I “mess up”. My conscience is 
the Holy Spirit trying show me a way to 
escape temptation. My desire is to be  alert
and follow the path set before me

I don’t know who thought up the slogan, “What
Would Jesus Do”. There used to be t-shirts and jewelry with the slogan written on them. I hope
this wasn’t a fad that died out quickly. I don’t see
the WWJD slogan much anymore. 














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE