LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY, 11/11/13



Philippians 4:6



Be anxious for nothing, but in everything  by
prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving,
let your requests be  made known to God...

  
HISTORICAL CONTEXT

  It was a common  practice during Biblical times
to give thanks to Lord by building an altar.  The
first recorded altar was built by Noah after the
ark landed at Mount Ararat.


LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY


I was anxious when my family had a loss of 
income in 1992.  My husband became seriously
ill and couldn’t work for several months.  I had
never been in that situation and didn’t know 
what to do.  I didn’t want my friends or parents
to know I had financial problems. I had to appear strong for the sake of my sick husband and my
sons. I was sitting alone one night and was sitting
on my couch having a pity party. I suddenly got 
the urge to pray. I did feel better after my prayer
and felt like I can “handle this”.

I called the utility companies and explained 
my situation.  They agreed to let me pay half
of my electric and water bills until my situation 
improved. They just requested that I let them
know whenever I needed a payment extension. 
The customer service clerk was very nice. She
said sometime customer's lights got cut off when
they didn’t request an extension or make payment arrangements. I learned not to panic when bad situations happen. I pray, exhale, and try to stay calm. I am usually able to work out a solution 
when I just have faith and not focus on my 
problems.  I look at the blessings I already have.  There has been a blessing in most bad situations 
that I have encountered.  I had a sick husband but
he was getting better. I was missing my husband’s income; however, I was able to keep food on the
table and my lights didn’t get cut off.  I still had a 
job and needed to start budgeting my money any
way. I learned cost-cutting skills that helped my 
family years later. 














 
 





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE