LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY, 11/21/13



PROVERBS 16:18


Pride goes before destruction,
And a haughty spirit before a fall.

PROVERBS 29:23


A man’s pride will bring him low,
But the humble in spirit will retain honor.

HISTORICAL CONTEXT

There are over 70 scriptures in the Bible
concerning pride and boasting. These
scriptures can be found in the New and
Old Testament. Here is the link for these
scriptures:

http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Bible-Verses-About-Pride/
 

These scriptures show us that pride can be
taken to dangerous levels. I can have pride
but it can have positive or negative results. 
Some examples of pride on a positive level
are:  I can care about my appearance and
make sure I don’t look sloppy and unkempt 
or  I care about doing a good job at work.  
Some  negative examples of pride are: I 
think that I am beautiful and think I look 
better than everyone else; I think I know
everything and refuse to ask questions; 
I become rich and I think I am better than
everyone else; I was laid off from my job
and I refuse to ask for temporary help.  

There are over 70 scriptures in the Bible
concerning pride and boasting in the Bible.
A study of these scriptures show that the
Lord dislikes pride when it causes you to
have a negative spirit. People with this
negative spirit feel they don’t need the
Lord and rarely call on him with prayer.


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE