LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY, 11/29/13




MATTHEW 6:11


Give us this day our daily bread.

HISTORICAL CONTEXT

Bread was very important in the Bible. Some 
of the books that talk about bread are Genesis, Exodus, and Matthew. It was a source food

for meals and it was used during Holy Feasts
and Holy Communion.



LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY


I always thought that the daily bread mentioned
in the Lord’s Prayer, was talking about the Lord supplying food to eat each day.  I learned that

this conclusion may have been wrong after I 
read the book, “Didn’t You Read My Book”.  
The author, Dr. Richard Eby said that the Lord
is the bread.




I was puzzled  by his statement, so I did some
research. The following scriptures held the answer: 

JOHN 6:48


I am the bread of life.

1 CORINTHIANS 11:23-24

 …The Lord Jesus on the same night in which He was betrayed took bread;
“Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me.”


It became apparent to me that his statement could be true. I studied several scriptures using the word,“ bread” and sometimes they are literally talking about the bread we eat. Other times they are talking about
the Lord. Here is the link for the scriptures I studied:  

 


The Lord is my daily bread and I do need Him
daily. I have thanksgiving every day. Webster
dictionary defines the word thanksgiving as a
prayer expressing gratitude. I am grateful that
I woke up this morning, that I have a family, that I have food to eat, that I  have clothes to wear, that
I have money to spend, that I have a car to drive,
that I have good health, and I have a house to live 
in.  Recently, I realized that there is something else
I need to be grateful for- My life! I was in an auto accident. It occurred just two blocks from my house. The driver ran the stop sign. I sustained chest and

shoulder injuries. I am wiser now. My daily prayer 
of Thanksgiving include, "Thank You God" for
saving me from an auto accident today. I do
pray for the well being others and ask that they 
receive God's blessings too.






















 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE