LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY, 11/22/13



 

DEUTERONOMY 31:6



Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor
be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is 
the One who goes with you. He will not leave

you nor forsake you.”


HISTORICAL CONTEXT

Daniel 3 tells how three men named Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego were thrown in to a
fiery furnace.  The fire didn’t burn them and 
their clothes didn’t even smell like smoke. The 
Lord didn’t leave or forsake them.


Daniel 6 tells about Daniel being thrown in to the
lion’s den.  The king went to check the den the 
next day. The lions did not touch him. Daniel told

the king that the Lord sent an angel to shut the mouths of the lions. The king was impressed and 
he sent out a decree to the people to fear Daniel’s God.

  
LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY

 

Little kids are afraid of the dark and demand that a light stay on. Some kids even believe there are monsters in the closet.  The parents tell them not
to be afraid. They try to reassure them that they 
will protect them. The kids eventually overcome
their fear.  A lot of adults heard Sunday school teachers tell them the Bible stories  about Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego. The teachers
used these two stories from the Bible to show the
kids that God will protect them in times of trouble. 



A few years ago I was working downtown.  I had gotten off work and was crossing the street. A lady was talking on her cell phone and drove through

the red stop light. The car was coming towards me and I was panic stricken. I was knocked to the street and the car came to a stop about twelve inches from

my body. Trust me when I tell you my life flashed before my eyes.  I always thought this saying was a myth.  I found out that day that this can happen. 

The lady jumped out of the car and apologized profusely. I was too stunned to talk. Two men rushed from their place of business and helped to me to my feet. I took the street bus home.  I was too shaken
up to drive.  I couldn’t sleep for several days because I would relive the trauma all over again. My nervous

condition got better. I was able to see that God didn’t forsake me that day. I gave Him praise and honor. I was able to get on with my daily routine. I had almost forgotten about this incident until I started writing this blog today!








   

                                        “I will never leave you, nor forsake you.” – Hebrews 13:5


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE