UNBROKEN PROMISES!





CHRIST ON THE CROSS, CARL HEINRICH BLOCH, 1870







I have learned over the years that
I will have to break some promises 
at some point in my life.Life events
happen that I have no control over. 
I learned this lesson the hard way!

One rule of child rearing is to avoid promising your children anything!  
I promised my 10 year old son a 
watch that he begged for daily.  
My husband got sick and I needed
the money for medication. I had
to get him another watch.He acted
like a spoiled brat. I was hurt and 
appalled at his behavior. I took the
watch back and chastised him for 
his ungrateful behavior. I learned 
to say, "I'll try" or "I'll see what I 
can do!" They did not become
belligerent when we could not  
honor all of their wishes.

Fortunately, I know someone
who never breaks His promise.
It is Jesus! I learned this when
I became a mature Christian. 
His Promises are for people 
who believe and have faith in
Him.  He fulfills His promises
according to His timing, not 
man's!

The Bible tells me about several of
God's Promises. Here some of His
Promises that I stand on daily:



LIFE LESSON:


STUDY & BELIEVE GOD'S PROMISES:
 
JOHN 3:16


For God so loved the world that 
He gave His only begotten Son, 
that whoever believes in Him 
should not perish but have ever
lasting life.


ACTS 10:34 

Then Peter opened his mouth and said:
“In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality.


ROMANS 8:37-39

37 Yet in all these things we are
more than conquerors through
Him who loved us.
38 For I am persuaded that neither
present nor things to come,
death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things
which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God.

 


ROMANS 10:9

That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.


 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE