LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY, 12/12/13

PROVERBS 17:17  

A friend loves at all times, And a brother is
born for adversity.






LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY

Friends can show their affection with 
a hug, a phone call, a personal visit,
letters and with a lovely greeting card.
I used to send letters to friends that 
moved away. This became impossible 
when I was working and had young 
children at home.  I did have some 
friends who loved to send me 
greeting cards. I could tell that they
spent time searching for the 
appropriate card.  I was not the 
best card picker due impatience or
because of a time crunch.

Over the summer, my mom introduced me
to a distant cousin. She was a nice elderly
lady.  We shared a few laughs.  A few
days later, I received a beautiful greeting
card from her.  I was so surprised and I 
was touched by the kind words on the 
card. It had a religious message and
beautiful stickers on the inside flap of the
card. I couldn't seem to put the card down. 
I kept going back and reading it over and
over.  I went out the next day and spent
time picking her out a nice card.  I even
bought stickers to place inside the card.

I will  never underestimate how 
important a greeting card can be
again.  I stopped sending brief
emails to say happy birthday. 
I supplement my Facebook
greeting with a mailed birthday
card. The Facebook greetings 
shows how many friends people 
have that think about them on
their birthday or during holidays.
I think the time I spend picking 
out a card shows that I care
and that the internet can not
replace the personal touch.

My budget doesn't allow for me to 
send Christmas cards to all of my far
away friends now.   I send Christmas 
cards to the people that I get cards
from in the mail. The number of
Christmas cards that I receive has
decreased because most of my friends
have retired  and postage is expensive.  
I am not angry about this because
I get a phone call or a visit from 
them whenever, they are in town.


NICE GREETING WITH PERSONAL TOUCH




POPULAR STICKERS






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE