LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY, 12/18/13



LUKE 1:19

 And the angel answered and said to him, “I am Gabriel, who stands in the presence of God, and was sent to speak to you and bring you these glad tidings. 

LUKE 26-27

Now in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth, 27 to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin’s name was Mary.

HISTORICAL CONTEXT

The angel Gabriel is mentioned numerous 
times in the Bible book Luke 1:11-38. He 
announced the birth of John the Baptist
and Jesus. The scriptures mentioned that
Zacharias and Mary were alarmed when 
they saw Gabriel.  He told them not to be
afraid because he was an angel of the Lord.
There are hundreds of references to angels 
in the Bible. They are always performing 
important duties. Gabriel and Michael are 
the only angels that have names in the
Bible.  They foretold the births of two
very important people in the Bible. 

LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY

I read an article in the Guidepost magazine
several years ago about a lady who collected
angel figurines.  There was a picture of her 
angel collection.  It appeared to be over 20
angel figurines on her table.  They were 
beautiful.  I thought that this was a very
good hobby and started collecting angels
myself.  I began to go to thrift stores and 
yard sales looking for angel figurines. My
husband bought me one of the most 
beautiful angels I had ever seen.  

I eventually had so many angels, that he 
bought me curio cabinets to put them in. 
He suggested that I stop collecting them
after I had filled up two curio cabinets. 
My son bought me a beautiful white angel
for my front yard.  My husband was not 
happy because I started placing angel and
cherub statues on the deck railings.  The
neighbors said they looked beautiful.





There is one angel that I want to add to 
my collection.  It is a Spanish angel hand-
crafted with Lladro porcelain.  I saw this 
angel on EBay and at a gift shop in Old
Salem in North Carolina.


I am passionate about my angel collection.
Angels are important in the Bible so, they are important to me. I do not worship angels.
They cannot replace my Lord!!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE