LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY, 12/6/13





DEUTERONOMY 15:11

For the poor will never cease from the land; therefore I command you, saying,
‘You shall open your hand wide to your brother, to your poor and your needy, in your land.’

HISTORICAL CONTEXT

There are over 300 Bible verses about poor and
needy. The Lord has compassion for them and commands that we do to.

LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY

This Christmas season is no different from
the others, in regards to requests for donations
to the poor.  I see requests on the TV and hear requests on the radio.  I’m retired but I still get
mail requesting donations to various charities
for Christmas.  Many of us bless others by
donating time, food or money during the Holiday season. I find that helping others may you feel
good.   I challenge myself to give to others
throughout the year. There is always a need in 
my neighborhood, church, or community.  It is
easy for me to help my relatives and friends.
I have had to work on having compassion for strangers.  It has gotten easier since I have 
learned to be thankful for all of my blessings. 
I shouldn’t be selfish and not bless others. 

I try to be wise with my giving.  I started doing
my homework before I give to charities now. 
I saw a TV program that showed that some 
charities used excessive amounts of their
funds for administrative costs!!.  An insufficient amount was going toward the people they were supposed to be helping.  There are a number of
reputable Charity Watchdogs who can help me 
figure how what percentage should go to fund-
raising, administrative costs, and those in need 
of assistance. 


MOSAIC FROM TABGHA, NEAR SEA OF GALILEE
 LOAVES AND FISHES

 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE