NAMES OF GOD, JEHOVAH, PART 2











I attended a Bible Study in which the subject  was the Names for God in the Old Testament. It was an intense and intriguing study.  I feel  that the Bible holds more truth than a person can embrace without feeling overwhelmed. A lot of Bible teachers do precept upon precept  as a Bible study method. 


ISAIAH  28:10

For precept must be upon precept, precept 
upon precept,Line upon line, line upon line, Here a little, there a little.”

I take my time when I do in home Bible study. I'm
not on anybody's time table. I can study one Bible verse many hours because I use a Bible dictionary, meditation, and other tools when necessary to get
a full understanding of the WORD.

I have already shared four of the names used in the 

Old Testament for The Name of God-Jehovah. Here are the last four names we studied in the class:





JEHOVAH-SHAMMAH


GOD IS WITH US EVERYWHERE, HE IS OMNIPRESENT.



EZEKIEL  48:35

35 All the way around shall be eighteen thousand cubits; and the name of the city from that day shall be: :"THE LORD IS THERE.”



Psalm 139:7-9, 12


Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
If I ascend into heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there.
If I take the wings of the morning,
And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,

12 Indeed, the darkness shall not hide from 
You, But the night shines as the day; The 
darkness and the light are both alike to You.



JEHOVAH-SABAOTH



GOD, OUR PROTECTOR

PSALM  46:7


The Lord of hosts is with us;The God of Jacob is our refuge.  



JEHOVAH-RAAH

GOD, OUR SHEPHERD

PSALM 23:1

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.



JEHOVAH RAPHA   

GOD, OUR HEALER

 

EXODUS 15:26

26 and said, “If you diligently heed the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, 
I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the Lord who heals you.”

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE