WE PRAYED & THEY DIED!




  



I was watching Christian TV recently and a
man was saying that he was mad at God.
His wife became ill and he and his  church
members sent up fervently prayers.He had
faith and his wife still got worse. Emergency
surgery had to be done and the doctor said 
that her heart stopped beating during their
surgical procedure. She did not respond to 
their attempts to resuscitate her. He was so
angry and confused.  He became depressed
for several months.  

I lost my only  sister when she was 24 years old.
The doctors thought she had the flu.The autopsy determined that she had died due to a cancerous  pituitary gland tumor.  My life was turned upside down. My sister lived a mile from me and we saw 
each other daily. I was not a Christian at the time
but we attended church on the Sundays that she didn't go to work. My family was devastated and
I grieved for a few year.  My mother still avoids 
going down the street she lived on. 

It is true that you grieve less as time goes on. I am
no longer get depressed on her birthday. I still miss her but know that she is in a better place.  I would
not have wanted to see her suffer due to the cancer.

The man who was mad at God said that he is no longer depressed. He realized that God was the 
only person who could comfort him.  He moved
on with his life and remained a Christian. He said
that he started a successful charity and named it 
after his wife.  He has remarried  and is active in 
his church's youth ministry.  

Here are some of the scriptures that he meditated
on and they helped him cope with his grief:




ISAIAH  41:13

For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand,
Saying to you, ‘Fear not, I will help you.’



PROVERBS  3:5-6


5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not
on your own understanding;
6  In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.

1 PETER  5:7 
 

casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.


ROMANS  8:28

28 And we know that all things work together for 
good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE