I MUST READ AND BELIEVE GOD'S WORD!





I often run into old high school classmates 
when I go home to visit my mom.I give the
expected  greeting,  "How are you"?  "How 
have you been doing"? We  smile and try to
look at each other without appearing to be 
"sizing each other up". Most people look at
their old classmate to see if they look old or
have gotten fat!They wonder, "Does he/she
make a lot of money"? 

I think that I have finally gotten to the age 

that I do not care about my old classmates' 
career path.I do really want to know if they 
have been well and are doing OK! Some of 
them may have had high salaries at some
point but have retired now. Most of us have
gotten a wake up call.Our much anticipated 
retirement is not what we  expected. Some 
of us didn't save enough for retirement.We
saved and invested enough but the recent

economic crisis from 2007-2011 took a toll 
on our finances.Our income would be much
higher if we  took a part-time job.

I worked long hours in stressful jobs for 30

years and have no desire to return to work. 
I did quickly realize that I was going to have 
to depend on the Lord if I did not return to 
work.  An increase in my utility bill and the 
need to replace my broken down car made 
my budget very tight! My husband had also
passed, so I was missing his income.It was 
time to stop giving empty prayers.Now I had 
prove I believed what I had been praying.It 
was crucial that I not only read God's Word, 
but believed it too. I had  to stand on God's
promises!

Here are some of the scriptures that I rely on:



PHILIPPIANS  4:6   


Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by 

prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, 
let your requests be made known to God;


ISAIAH  41:13

For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right 

hand,Saying to you, ‘Fear not, I will help you.’



JAMES  1:17


Every good gift and every perfect gift is

from above, and comes down from the
Father of lights, with whom there is no 
variation or shadow of turning.



MATTHEW  6:26-27 

26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither

sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your 
heavenly Father feeds them.  Are you not of 
more value than they?
27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit 

to his stature?


MARK  16:16  

He who believes and is baptized will be saved;

but he who does not believe will be condemned.


HEBREWS  13:8

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE