A SONG IN MY HEART



PAINTING: DAVID PLAYS THE HARP FOR SAUL, REMBRANDT VAN RIJN, C. 165





I have always loved listening to music. It has helped me fight boredom, sadness,  and grief.  I discovered 
in college that listening to classical music helped me retain data when I studied for tests.

There are gospel singers who minister to people with their music. Some even say that music has healing powers.

Greek Philosophers wrote that music could influence health and behavior. Records show that a doctor named Hippocrates used music when treating his patients.





“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings 
to the mind, flight to the imagination and 
life to everything.”

― Plato



The Bible book of Psalm mentions that David was a musician. He is author of
Psalms.  Today, I'll share scriptures in  Psalm that discuss music.



PSALM 49:4

I will incline my ear to a proverb;
I will disclose my dark saying on the harp.


PSALM 68:4

 

Sing to God, sing praises to His name;
Extol Him who rides on the clouds,
By His name YAH,
And rejoice before Him.


PSALM 71:23

My lips shall greatly rejoice when I sing to You,
And my soul, which You have redeemed.


PSALM 95:1  

Oh come, let us sing to the Lord!
Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation.


 
PSALM  101:1   

I will sing of mercy and justice;
To You, O Lord, I will sing praises.


PSALM 105:2

Sing to Him, sing psalms to Him;
Talk of all His wondrous works!
 

PSALM 135:1

Praise the Lord!
Praise the name of the Lord;
Praise Him, O you servants of the Lord!
 
PSALM 150:1-6

1Praise the Lord!
Praise God in His sanctuary;
Praise Him in His mighty firmament!
Praise Him for His mighty acts;
Praise Him according to His excellent greatness!
Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet;
Praise Him with the lute and harp!
Praise Him with the timbrel and dance;
Praise Him with stringed instruments and flutes!
Praise Him with loud cymbals;
Praise Him with clashing cymbals!
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
Praise the Lord!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE