ARE YOU ABRAHAM'S DESCENDENT?







I didn't care a lot about my family tree when I was young.  As, a college student, my thoughts were balancing getting good grades and having a good time. My main focus as a new mom and wife was, making it through the day without collapsing due 
to working full time and managing a  household. 

I did take my sons and husband to a couple of 

family  reunions after succumbing to pressure
from my mother. In later years, I began to have 
signs of  the empty nest syndrome. It was not 
long before I became interested in exploring my
family tree. I say thank you to PBS for featuring
TV shows on researching  your family tree by
Henry Louis Gates, Jr.  The show was named, 
"Finding Your Roots". I really liked  this show 
and and became very good at doing hours of
family tree research.  I made a few of errors
when I first started.I was using  the free trials
offered by online genealogy websites.  I hated 

using these sites because I did not like giving 
them my credit card number.  I only intended
to use them temporarily.I always canceled my subscription at the end of the trial period. I'll 

be sharing the methods and tricks I learned 
during my family tree research.

Genealogy was important to the Lord because 

people's family tree was given in the Bible book
of Genesis. Genesis also tells us that Abraham 
is the Father of many nations. Next week, I will
discuss family trees in the Bible and how it can 

relate to us. I will also offer advice on how to 
research your family tree.I share the resources
that offer free genealogy data.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE