THE GOOD OLD DAYS?!





I grew up in a household that had rules.
You respected your parents, elders, and 
authority. You were expected to get good
grades, do your chores and not be late for
curfew. I was able to be with out approved
friends that went to church and didn't have
a bad reputation.I thought my parents were
too strict.It wasn't long before I learned that
some rules are a good thing. The teenagers
I knew who could go and come as they liked
were always in trouble. 

God was not a forbidden three letter 
word in my school. We said the pledge
allegiance each morning in our class.

Today, most people do not know what 
manners are. Some have never heard,
don't put your elbows on the table or 
don't chew with your mouth open.The
word etiquette is  foreign to them. 

Some household let the children run things 
because the parents want to be their friends.
A few years ago, the TV was a babysitter for
young children. Now, it's the cell phones, lap
tops, tablets, and notebooks. 


A lot of  9-year old girls look like they are 16!
Most are allowed to dress like it too. These
young girls can wear tops with cleavage and
boys can wear pants with underwear showing!

If you were to read most young people's social 
media messages, you would be shocked. Most
adults would experience blushing.

Young girls can wear tops with cleavage
and boys can wear pants with underwear 
showing! Remember the old saying, Whoa
Nelly! 

I am glad my children are grown and I don't
have any grandchildren yet.  I saw a scene on
a sitcom that should have been rated at least 
PG-13! There are TV shows that are supposed
to be about the law and medicine but the writer
seems to have forgotten this.There is so much 
deceit and extra-marital affairs going on, that 
you wonder when they have time to practice 
law or medicine.

During my young adult years, listening to
acid rock, smoking marijuana, and using 
a car for drag racing on local streets were 
considered "bad". Social media has led to
a lot of other things for parents to worry 
about.Some young people left home to 
meet strangers with ulterior motives. Who 
ever thought that guns at school would be 
a problem at school.  I would have never
thought that school shootings would be a
regular occurrence?

I hope I sound like a concerned citizen and 
rather than a cynic.  I have learned to live 
in this world and conform to what I consider 
to be the positive changes.







ROMANS 12:2

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that
you may prove what is that good and acceptable
and perfect will of God.





JOHN 17:14-15

14 I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just 
as I am not of the world. 
15 I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one.




Here are a few scriptures in the Bible that show 
there were social and moral issues between the generations also:


1 KINGS  12:8-11

8 But he rejected the advice which the elders had given him,and consulted the young men who had grown up with him, who stood before him.
9 And he said to them, “What advice do you give? How should we answer this people who have spoken to me, saying, ‘Lighten  the yoke which your father put on us’?”


LUKE 16:8-9  

8 So the master commended the unjust steward because he had dealt shrewdly.
For the sons of this world are more shrewd in their generation than the sons of light.

9 “And I say to you, make friends for yourselves by unrighteous mammon, that when
you fail, they may receive you into an everlasting home.





EPHESIANS 6: 1-4

1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.
2 “Honor your father and mother,” which is the first commandment with promise:
3 “that it may be well with you and you may live long on the earth.”
4 And you, fathers, do not provoke your children
to wrath, but bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord.



GALATIANS  5:19-21  

19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery,[a] fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like;  of which I tell you beforehand,  just as I also 
told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE