LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY, 5/29/14





PAINTING:

JOB WITH HIS ALTAR UNTO THE LORD






I have had to exercise my faith when I have gone through test and  trials  in my life.   I always try to remember how Christ died on the cross for me and this increases my faith. I also recall how He created the world in seven days. I know that no man could ever accomplish this feat. His power is enough for  me to believe that He can do anything.  

During my Bible study I have read about numerous people who had tremendous faith. I want to look at their walk of faith this week.  This should inspire me
to continue my Christian journey.







LIFE LESSON: 
JOB REMAINED FAITHFUL IN SPITE OF HIS LOSSES


JOB 1:1, 9-12, 17-19, 22


There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was blameless and upright, and one who feared God and shunned evil. 

 So Satan answered the Lord and said, “Does Job fear God for nothing?  
10 Have You not made a hedge around him, around his household, and around all that he has on every side? 

11 But now, stretch out Your hand and touch all that he has, and he will surely curse You to Your face!”
12 And the Lord said to Satan, “Behold, all that he has is in your power; only do not lay a hand on his person.


17 While he was still speaking, another 
also  came  and  said,  “The Chaldeans 
formed  three bands, raided the camels
and took them away, yes, and killed the
servants with the edge of the sword;and 
I alone have escaped to tell you!”
18 While he was still speaking, another also 
came and said, “Your sons and daughters 
were eating and drinking wine in their oldest
brother’s house,
 19 and suddenly a great wind came from across
the wilderness and struck the four corners of the house, and it fell on the young people, and they 
are dead; and I alone have escaped to tell you!”

 22 In all this Job did not sin nor charge God with wrong.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE