LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY, 5/20/14











I was reciting the Lord's Prayer Sunday in church.
I used to think that "give us Lord our daily bread",

meant The Lord will give us daily bread/food to eat. 
I read a wonderful book several years ago, called
" Didn't You Read My Book?" by Dr Richard Eby. 






He explained that "The Lord" was the daily bread.  
I was thinking how could this be true?  I understood
what he meant after I read the scriptures below:



LIFE LESSON: 

BREAD (FROM HEAVEN)HAS LITERAL 
MEANING IN THESE SCRIPTURES.THE
BREAD IS  THE  MANNA WHICH WAS 
FED TO THE ISRAELITES WHEN THEY
LEFT EGYPT.



EXODUS 16:4


Then the Lord said to Moses, “Behold, I will rain
bread from heaven for you. And the people shall
go out and gather a certain quota every day, that
I may test them, whether they will walk in My law 
or not.




JOHN 6:49-50

49 Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died.  
50 This is the bread that comes down from heaven, so that one may eat of it and not die.


LIFE LESSON: 

BREAD(FROM HEAVEN) HAS A FIGURATIVE
MEANING.  THE  LORD  GAVE US THE TRUE
BREAD FROM HEAVEN:  HIS SON JESUS.  



JOHN 6: 51
 

Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven;
but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE