GIFTS ARE IMPORTANT!








I used to love watching my boys
opening up the Christmas gifts.
It was a joyous occasion for the 
boys.  I would be heart broken
when  weeks later, some of the 
gifts were tossed aside.  I did
eventually realize that this is 
the nature of kids.  The gifts
no longer bring them thrills.
They move onto the next new
desire of their little hearts.

The truth is, some adults
are like their children.We
ask God for blessings/gifts.
We are so happy when we
get them.We may even say,
"Thanks!"  We soon forget 
the blessings and God.Our
prayers are done on "as 
needed" basis. I am guilty 
of this sometime. This year
I am trying to improve. I do
give thanks when I am wake
up to see a new day.My goal
is to remember my blessings
and not take advantaged of
them.


The Bible has a lot to say about
gift giving. This week I'll share 
scriptures about, the gifts we 
give to God and the gifts God
gives to us.


LIFE LESSON:

HOW TO GIVE TO GOD:

NUMBERS 18:29

Of all your gifts you shall offer up every heave offering due to the Lord, from all the best of them, the consecrated part

of them.’


2 KINGS 12:4

And Jehoash said to the priests,“All

the money of the dedicated gifts that 
are brought into the house of the Lord
—each man’s census money, each man’s assessment money—and all the money
that a man purposes in his heart to bring
into the house of the Lord,


MATTHEW 5:24


leave your gift there before the altar,

and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.


MATTHEW 2:11

And when they had come into the house, they saw the young Child with Mary His mother, and fell down and worshiped

Him. And when they had opened their treasures, they presented gifts to Him: gold, frankincense, and myrrh.


MATTHEW 23:19

Fools and blind! For which is greater,

the gift or the altar that sanctifies the gift?


LUKE 21:1-4

1 And He looked up and saw the rich putting their gifts into the treasury,
2 and He saw also a certain poor 

widow putting in two mites.
3 So He said, “Truly I say to you that 

this poor widow has put in more than 
all;
4 for all these out of their abundance

have put in offerings for God, but she
out of her poverty put in all the liveli
hood that she had.”







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE