DO YOU KNOW THE TRUTH?




DEPICTION: THREE WISE MEN &THE STAR



I have always liked the word "know."
I learned to apply this word in my
daily life, so I can save myself a lot

of grief. I try to know all of the signs
on the driver's license renewal test. 
I would hate the hassle of taking a
number and squinting at the road 
signs screen a second time. I know 
how to cook at home so that  I can 
save money. I learned that eating 
out too much can zap your funds. 
I have retired and a fixed income 
means budgeting. I know that the
use of coupons and buying things
on sale are smart. In other words,
being in the "know" is profitable.









I am glad that I know the truth about

God's Word (Bible) too. I was ignorant
in the past. I took it for granted and 
did not study it.  I used my pastor's sermons to keep me informed. I know
now that you must study the Bible for yourself. The messages from the Bible scriptures can be surprising. I read a familiar scripture and suddenly get a deeper meaning of what I originally
thought the message was.

I hear some people say that the Bible

has contradictions.Bible study precept upon precept proves that this is false. 
I must read the complete chapter to 
get a clear meaning. This keeps me
from taking the the scripture out of context. I avoid using too many new 
Bible translations too. The scripture
meaning can be compromised when

you put the King James Version into today's vernacular. The original King
James version includes translations
of Greek, Aramaic, and Hebrew. I use
the "New King James Version " for my 
blog because the pronouns thee, thou,
and thy have been removed.The verbs with "th" have been changed too. I feel
it makes easier reading.

The rest of the week, I will share 
some scriptures that reveal  how 
powerful the word "know" is from 
a Biblical perspective.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE