LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY, 4/23/14









The Bible  mentions the names 
of many plants, trees,and herbs
used for medicinal purposes.Oils
were extracted from several trees 
like the sandalwood, the myrrh,the frankincense, the  cassia, and the cinnamon.  The aloe mentioned in
the Bible is the sane as the sandal wood  tree.  This tree should not
be confused with aloe vera plant.

The fruit from olive trees are used 
to extract oil for food and medicine.
I have discovered several scriptures
in the Bible that describe when and 
how these trees were used.   

I found these subject of herbs and
oils very informative. I have found extensive information in the Bible
on the internet about it.  For the 
past few years I have been trying
to use herbal remedies .

This week I'll give scriptures that 
show how these herbs and plants
were used for treating the people's wounds, scars, and other trauma. 

I have included pictures of the trees used for medicinal purposes.  Some 
of the oils were used by  the  Levite priest for anointing the people.A lot 
of the tree resin was used to make 
incense  to burn in the temples and tabernacles.  They have a pleasant aroma.

The Lord healed many people and
cured many diseases. This subject
has already been discussed in my
other blogs. The Bible shows that
the people relied on healing from
the Lord and herbal medicine.



SCRIPTURES ABOUT THE FIG TREE


HABAKKUK 3:17- 18


17 Though the fig tree may not blossom,
Nor fruit be on the vines...


 18 Yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will joy in the God of my salvation.




ISAIAH  38:21 

For Isaiah had said, Let them take a lump of figs,

and lay [it] for a plaister upon the boil, and he shall recover.
  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE