THE BIBLE & CHRISTMAS!





Archangel Gabriel. A fresco from the Tsalenjikha Cathedral by Cyrus Emanuel Eugenicus. 14th century

https://en.wikipedia.org





During the Christmas season, I try to read daily scriptures that focus on the birth of Jesus.  I find that this is a necessary pursuit since a lot of the Christmas movies on TV and the web never mention the birth of Jesus.  This helps me never lose focus on the real reason for Christmas.  The essence of buying gifts and toys, meal planning, and attending Christmas parties can also distract me if I'm not careful.

I'll be sharing some of the scriptures I have been studying during this Christmas season.


TODAY'S KEYWORD: 

(ANGEL NAMED) GABRIEL



DANIEL 9: 21

Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation.

LUKE 1: 19 & 26-28

19 And the angel answering said unto him, I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God, and am sent to speak unto thee, and to shew thee these glad tidings.

26 And in the sixth month the
 
angel Gabriel was sent from 

God unto a city of Galilee, 

named Nazareth.

27 To a virgin espoused to a 
man whose name was 
Joseph, of the house of 
David; and the virgin's name 
was Mary.
28 And the angel came in 
unto her, and said, Hail, thou 
that art highly favoured, the
 Lord is with thee: blessed art 
thou among women.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE