THE BIBLE & CHRISTMAS!



Mary depicted in stained glass at St. James' Church in GlenbeighIreland

https://en.wikipedia.org

During the Christmas season, I try to read daily scriptures that focus on the birth of Jesus.  I find that this is a necessary pursuit since a lot of the Christmas movies on TV and the web never mention the birth of Jesus.  This helps me never lose focus on the real reason for Christmas.  The essence of buying gifts and toys, meal planning, and attending Christmas parties can also distract me if I'm not careful. 

I'll be sharing some of the scriptures I have been studying during this Christmas season.


TODAY'S KEYWORDS: 


A VIRGIN




ISAIAH 7: 14



Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call His name Immanuel.




MATTHEW 1: 23


Behold, a virgin shall be with child and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call His name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.




LUKE 1: 27




To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and 
the virgin's name was Mary.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE