THE WAITING GAME








I like to go shopping when the stores first open at 
9 a.m. I can travel freely because most people at
already at work. I'm glad that I do not have to run
into other people's shopping carts. The store is not 
very crowded. I can also get through the check out 
line fast too. I did not go to any Black Friday sales 
because I hate waiting in long lines.I will encounter Christmas shoppers if I don't shop for my Christmas
gifts early. I guess I am showing my age because I
hate waiting.

My impatience does not carry over to my waiting on 
the Lord anymore. It was a process of trial and error 
on my part.  I had to learn that I made a mess when
I tried to run my life my way. The Lord does give you 
the desires of your heart and doesn't force you to do
things His way.  It is your free choice to make a "BIG 
BOO BOO!"

We are also supposed to be waiting for Jesus' Second Coming. I have heard that Jesus is,"Coming Back Soon. 
I think it was around 1974 when I heard it for the first 
time.  Jesus has His own time table!

Here are a few scriptures that I stand on.  They help me stay focused and keep my eyes on the prize-MY ETERNAL  HEAVENLY HOME!


PSALM 27:14

Wait on the Lord;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord!



PSALM 37:7






Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him;
Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way,
Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass.


PSALM 37:34
 
Wait on the Lord,
And keep His way,
And He shall exalt you to inherit the land;
When the wicked are cut off, you shall see it.

PSALM 40:1
 
I waited patiently for the Lord;
And He inclined to me,
And heard my cry.
  
ISAIAH 40:31

But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.


LUKE 8: 40

So it was, when Jesus returned, that the multitude welcomed Him, for they were all waiting for Him.

MATTHEW 24: 3-8, 11-14


Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples
came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and 
of the end of the age?”
And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that
no one deceives you.  
For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. 
And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that 
you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places.  
All these are the beginning of sorrows. 

11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.  
12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.  
13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved.  
14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all
the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come. 
 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE