WHO DO YOU CARE ABOUT? #2





After college, I volunteered at a 
Women's Center. I was trained to 
referrals. I had to give homeless 
the name, address, and telephone
number of shelters in the area. I 
was surprised at the number of  
calls I received. Most of the women 
had small children. Some of the local shelters didn't accept children. I was praying that the women's shelters 
wouldn't be filled up by the time they
got there! 

My Bible study has taught me that the Lord commands us to care about other people.  Here are some scriptures that explain this precept: 




LIFE LESSON:


CARE ABOUT THE NEEDS OF OTHERS

 

ISAIAH 10:1-3  


1 “Woe to those who decree unrighteous decrees, Who write misfortune,
Which they have prescribed
2 To rob the needy of justice,
And to take what is right from the 
poor of My people,That widows may 
be their prey, And that they may rob 
the fatherless.
3 What will you do in the day of punishment, And in the desolation 
which will come from afar?
To whom will you flee for help?
And where will you leave your glory?


GALATIANS 2:10

They only asked us to remember the poor--the very thing I also was eager 
to do.


PHILIPPIANS 2:4


Do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others.
  
MATTHEW 25:39-40

39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’
40 "The King will answer and say to 
them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers
of Mine, even the least of them, you did
it to Me.'


JOHN 13:34-35

34 "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another,even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
35 "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."


ROMANS 12:10

Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor.

GALATIANS 6:2

Bear one another's burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ.


GALATIANS 6:10


So then, while we have opportunity,
let us do good to all people,and especially to those who are of the household of the faith.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE