WHO DO YOU CARE ABOUT?













I never liked going to large family
picnics and family reunions when
I was young. I liked eating the tasty 
meals that my relatives prepared. 
But  I felt awkward trying to be 
friendly to long lost cousins.

I'm much older now, and realize the importance of staying connected to 
family members.  I now enjoy traveling 
to new destinations for family reunions. I've even helped in researching our family tree. I regret that I missed some golden opportunities. I should have gotten oral histories from the older family members. This would have been a lovely addition 
to the family reunion data.

My Bible study has taught me that the 
Lord commands us to care about other people. Here are some scriptures that
explain this concept:
   


LIFE LESSON:

JESUS CARES FOR US!

1 PETER 5:7

Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.

ROMANS 8:37-39


37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.  
38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 
39 Nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate 
us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


LIFE LESSON:


CARE ABOUT THE NEEDS OF OTHERS


DEUTERONOMY 10:17-18

17 For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of lords,the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality
nor takes a bribe.
18 He administers justice for the fatherless and the widow, and loves
the stranger, giving him food and clothing.

 
DEUTERONOMY 14:29 

And the Levite, because he has no portion nor inheritance with you, and the stranger and the fatherless and the widow who are within your gates, may come and eat and be satisfied, that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hand which you do.
  
PROVERBS 19:17   

He who has pity on the poor lends to the Lord, and He will pay back what he has given.

 
PROVERBS  21:13


He who shuts his ear to the cry of the poor Will also cry himself and not be answered.

 
PROVERBS 25:21

If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he is thirsty, give him water to drink.


 PROVERBS  28:27   


He who gives to the poor will not lack,
But he who hides his eyes will have many curses.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE