THE PRAYER LIFE # 5








My Bible study has shown me that Solomon followed in his father's footsteps.He loved 
the Lord too.  He did  pray and sought the 
Lord's guidance after he became King.


Here are the scriptures I studied about King Solomon's prayer life:





PAINTING: CORNELIS DE VOS
THE ANOINTING OF SOLOMON


 

LIFE LESSON:

KING SOLOMON'S PRAYERS

1 KINGS 2:12

Then Solomon sat on the throne of his father David; and his kingdom was firmly established.

1 KINGS 3:5, 7-12

At Gibeon the Lord appeared to Solomon in a dream by night; and God said, “Ask! What shall I give you?”
Now, O Lord my God, You have made Your servant king instead of my father David, but I am a little child; I do not 
know how to go out or come in.
And Your servant is in the midst of Your people whom You have chosen, a great people, too numerous to be numbered or counted.
Therefore give to Your servant an understanding heart to judge Your people, that I may discern between good and evil. For who is able to judge this great people of Yours?”
10 The speech pleased the Lord, that Solomon had asked this thing.
11 Then God said to him: “Because you have asked this thing, and have not asked long life for yourself,nor have asked riches for yourself,nor have asked the life of your enemies, but have asked for yourself understanding to discern justice,
12 behold, I have done according to your words; see, I have given you a wise and understanding heart, so that there has not been anyone like you before you, nor shall any like you arise after you.
 

1 KINGS 8:22, 28-29, 54

22 Then Solomon stood before the altar
of the Lord in the presence of all the assembly of Israel, and spread out his hands toward heaven;

28 Yet regard the prayer of Your servant and his supplication, O Lord my God, and listen to the cry and the prayer which Your servant is praying before You today:
29 that Your eyes may be open toward this temple night and day, toward the place of which You said, ‘My name shall be there,’ that You may hear the prayer which Your servant makes toward this place.

54 And so it was, when Solomon had finished praying all this prayer and supplication to the Lord, that he arose from before the altar of the Lord, from kneeling on his knees with his hands spread up to heaven.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE