R U ONE OF THE COMPLAINERS?!




TheTorah.com





I began to dislike the summer time when my kids were young. 
School was out and they complained about something all day
long. I got fed up one day and said, " That's it! You all will be
in time out if I hear another complaint.!" I pointed out how
much I spent weekly to keep them fed and happy. I said
ungrateful children will get less starting next week!  Well,
that statement changed their tune! There was no more
whining & complaining.

I wondered if I sounded like my children when I complained!
I tried to do better after I recalled how blessed I was.

The Bible tells us Pharaoh finally let the Israelites go. They were released from slavery.  The Lord blessed them with a land of milk and honey. They quickly forgot about their blessings and became complainers. Today I'll share scriptures about their complaints
and how it affected their lives. 


 



LookandLearn.com




LIFE LESSON:

THE ISRAELITES COMPLAIN:



EXODUS 15:24



And the people complained against Moses, saying, “What shall we drink?”


EXODUS 16:2


Then the whole congregation of the children of Israel complained against Moses and Aaron in the wilderness.


EXODUS 17:3


And the people thirsted there for water, and the people complained against Moses, and said, “Why is it you have brought us up out of Egypt, to kill us and our children and our livestock with thirst?”


NUMBERS 14: 2


And all the children of Israel complained against Moses and Aaron, and the whole congregation said to them, “If only we had died in the land of Egypt! Or if only we had died in this wilderness!



JOSHUA 9: 18


But the children of Israel did not attack them, because the rulers of the congregation had sworn to them by the Lord God of Israel. And all the congregation complained against the rulers.



 

LIFE LESSON:

MOSES, ADVOCATE FOR THE 
COMPLAINING ISRAELITES


EXODUS 33:17

So the Lord said to Moses, “I will also do this thing that you have spoken; for you have found grace in My sight, and I know you by name.”

EXODUS 34:9

Then he said, “If now I have found grace in Your sight, O Lord, let my Lord, I pray, go among us, even though we are a stiff-necked people; and pardon our iniquity and our sin, and take us as Your inheritance.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE