R U ONE OF THE COMPLAINERS? #2



Painting of the parable (Working in the vineyard),  Jacob Willemszoon de Wet, mid 17th century.

 https://en.wikipedia.org



I wondered if I sounded like my children whenever I murmured and complained! 
I decided that I must repent. It wasn’t 
hard for me to stop complaining, after 
I recalled how many times the Lord had blessed me.

The New Testament scriptures also mention people who complained. Today I'll share scriptures that describe why some people were complaining.   



LIFE LESSON:


WORKERS IN VINEYARD COMPLAINED


MATTHEW 20: 9-14


And when those came who were hired about the eleventh hour, they each received a denarius
10 But when the first came, they supposed that they would receive more; and they likewise received each a denarius.
11 And when they had received it, they complained against the landowner,
12 saying, ‘These last men have worked only 
one hour, and you made them equal to us who have borne the burden and the heat of the day.’ 13 But he answered one of them and said, ‘Friend, I am doing you no wrong. Did you not agree with me for a denarius?
14 Take what is yours and go your way. I wish to give to this last man the same as to you.


LIFE LESSON: 


SOME OF THE PHARISEES COMPLAINED


LUKE 5:30


And their scribes and the Pharisees complained against His disciples, saying, “Why do You eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?”


LUKE 15:2


And the Pharisees and scribes complained, saying, “This Man receives sinners and eats with them.”



LIFE LESSON:


SOME JEWS COMPLAINED ABOUT JESUS


JOHN 6: 5, 38, 41-44, 48-51


And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst

38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.

41 The Jews then complained about Him, because He said, “I am the bread which came down from heaven.” 
42 And they said, “Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How is it then that He says, ‘I have come down from heaven’?”
43 Jesus therefore answered and said to them, “Do not murmur among yourselves.
44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day. 

48 I am the bread of life.
49 Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and are dead.
50 This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that one may eat of it and not die.
51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world.”


 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE