YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!



http://www.huffingtonpost.com







I was always thought beauty was in the
eyes of the beholder.  People’s view of beauty differ greatly because this is a 
very subjective topic. I judge a person’s inner beauty by their behavior and their character.

The topics in the Bible are so vast, that I over-looked it's comments about beautiful people.  I recently decided to study this interesting topic.

Today, I’m sharing scriptures that discuss
people that were considered lovely or beautiful.







LIFE LESSON:

SARAI/SARAH, BEAUTIFUL WIFE OF ABRAM/ABRAHAM





GENESIS 12:10-16


10 Now there was a famine in the land,
and Abram went down to Egypt to dwell there, for the famine was severe in the land.
11 And it came to pass, when he was close to entering Egypt, that he said to Sarai his wife, “Indeed I know that you are a woman of beautiful countenance.
12 Therefore it will happen, when the Egyptians see you, that they will say, ‘This is his wife’; and they will kill me, but they will let you live. 13 Please say you are my sister, that it may be well with me for your sake, and that I may live because of you.”
14 So it was, when Abram came into Egypt, that the Egyptians saw the woman, that she was very beautiful.
15 The princes of Pharaoh also saw her and commended her to Pharaoh. And the woman was taken to Pharaoh’s house.
16 He treated Abram well for her sake. He had sheep, oxen, male donkeys, male and female servants, female donkeys, and camels.

GENESIS 17:1

Then God said to Abraham, “As for Sarai your wife, you shall not call her name Sarai, but Sarah shall be her name.












LIFE LESSON:





REBEKAH,  BEHOLD HER BEAUTY!



GENESIS 24: 14-17, 48-51, 66-67


14 Now let it be that the young woman to whom I say, ‘Please let down your pitcher that I may drink,’ and she says, ‘Drink, and I will also give your camels a drink’—let her be the one You have appointed for Your servant Isaac. And by this I will know that You have shown kindness to my master.”
15 And it happened, before he had finished speaking, that behold, Rebekah, who was born to Bethuel, son of Milcah, the wife of Nahor, Abraham’s brother, came out with her pitcher on her shoulder.
16 Now the young woman was very beautiful to behold, a virgin; no man
had known her. And she went down 
to the well, filled her pitcher, and 
came up.
17 And the servant ran to meet her and said, “Please let me drink a little water from your pitcher.”

48 And I bowed my head and worshiped 
the Lord, and blessed the Lord God of 
my master Abraham, who had led me
in the way of truth to take the daughter
of my master’s brother for his son.
49 Now if you will deal kindly and truly
with my master, tell me. And if not, tell me, that I may turn to the right hand or 
to the left.”
50 Then Laban and Bethuel answered 
and said, “The thing comes from the 
Lord; we cannot speak to you either
bad or good.
51 Here is Rebekah before you; take 
her and go, and let her be your master’s son’s wife, as the Lord has spoken.”

66 And the servant told Isaac all the things that he had done.
67 Then Isaac brought her into his mother Sarah’s tent; and he took Rebekah and she became his wife, and he loved her. So Isaac was comforted after his mother’s death.


GENESIS 26: 6-9

 

So Isaac dwelt in Gerar. 
And the men of the place asked about his wife. And he said, “She is my sister”; for he was afraid to say, “She is my wife,” because he thought, “lest the men of the place kill me for Rebekah, because she is beautiful to behold.”
Now it came to pass, when he had been there a long time, that Abimelech king of the Philistines looked through a window, and saw, and there was Isaac, showing endearment to Rebekah his wife.
Then Abimelech called Isaac and said, “Quite obviously she is your wife; so how could you say, ‘She is my sister’?”
Isaac said to him, “Because I said, ‘Lest
I die on account of her.’”
And the men of the place asked about 
his wife. And he said, “She is my sister”; for he was afraid to say, “She is my wife,” because he thought, “lest the men of the place kill me for Rebekah, because she is beautiful to behold.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE