DREAMS & VISIONS, ANYONE? #3













The Bible discusses some men who had dreams and visions.  Some dreams had 
a message. Other dreams required that actions be taken by the dreamer.

Today, I'll share many scriptures about the dreams of Nebuchadnezzar, Wisemen, and Pilates wife.




LIFE LESSON:

THESE IMPORTANT PEOPLE ALSO HAD DREAMS!!








KING NEBUCHADNEZZAR


DANIEL 4:1-2, 4-7

 

1 Nebuchadnezzar the king, To all peoples, nations, and languages that dwell in all the earth:
Peace be multiplied to you.
I thought it good to declare the signs and wonders that the Most High God has worked for me. 
 
I, Nebuchadnezzar, was at rest in my house, and flourishing in my palace.
I saw a dream which made me afraid, and the thoughts on my bed and the visions of my head troubled me.
Therefore I issued a decree to bring in all the wise men of Babylon before me, that they might make known to me the interpretation of the dream.
Then the magicians, the astrologers, the Chaldeans, and the soothsayers came in, and I told them the dream; but they did not make known to me its interpretation. 






Byzantine depiction of the Three Magi, 6th-century mosaic at Basilica of Sant'Apollinare Nuovo.



WISEMEN(MAGI)

MATTHEW 2: 1-2, 7, 12, 16

1 Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, wise men from the East came to Jerusalem,
Saying, “Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the East and have come to worship Him.”
7 Then Herod, when he had secretly called the wise men, determined from them what time the star appeared.

12 And having been warned by God in a dream not to return to Herod, the magi left for their own country by another way.

16 Then Herod, when he saw that he was deceived by the wise men, was exceedingly angry; and he sent forth and put to death all the male children who were in Bethlehem and in all its districts, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had determined from the wise men.





The Message of Pilate's Wife (1886–94), 
James Tissot (Brooklyn Museum)

PILATE’S WIFE

MATTHEW 27: 2, 15-19

2 And when they had bound Him, they led Him away and delivered Him to Pontius Pilate the governor.


15 Now at the feast the governor was accustomed to releasing to the multitude one prisoner whom they wished.
16 And at that time they had a notorious prisoner called Barabbas.
17 Therefore, when they had gathered together, Pilate said to them, “Whom do you want me to release to you? Barabbas, or Jesus who is called Christ?”
18 For he knew that they had handed Him over because of envy.
19 While he was sitting on the judgment seat, his wife sent him a message, saying, "Have nothing to do with that righteous Man; for last night I suffered greatly in a dream because of Him."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE