DREAMS & VISIONS, ANYONE?



http://www.fellowshipofthesword.com/








I began to have dreams when I was 
in my 20's. Years passed by before 
I realized they were important. Now
I pay attention to my dreams. I should
write them down in a journal.  I kept 
having a recurring dream about a young
woman at a casket crying. I had an uncle with terminal stomach cancer. I thought that the woman crying in the dream was  his daughter.   Well, six months later my 
24 year old sister died from a flu-like
illness. I went through terrible grief 
period. The grief subsided and I was 
able to see things clearly. The dreams
were a means to prepare me for my 
sister's death. The woman crying at
the casket was me!!


The Bible discusses some men  who had dreams and visions. These dreams had a  message. Others required that actions be taken by the dreamer.



This week, I'll share scriptures about men who had dreams.


LIFE LESSON:



THESE MEN HAD DREAMS!





"Gideon thanks God for the miracle of the dew" 




GIDEON



JUDGES 7:13-14





13 And when Gideon had come, there 
was a man telling a dream to his companion. He said, “I have had a dream:
To my surprise, a loaf of barley bread tumbled into the camp of Midian; it came
to a tent and struck it so that it fell and overturned, and the tent collapsed.”

14 Then his companion answered and said, “This is nothing else but the sword of Gideon the son of Joash,a man of Israel! Into his hand God has delivered Midian

and the whole camp.”





 Nathan  with King David, by Matthias Scheits



NATHAN





2 SAMUEL 7:4-5, 8-10



4 But it happened that night that 
the word of the Lord came to Nathan, saying,
5 “Go and tell My servant David, ‘Thus
says the Lord:

“Would you build a house for Me to 
dwell in?



8 Now therefore, thus shall you say to
My servant David, ‘Thus says the Lord 
of hosts: “I took you from the sheepfold, from following the sheep, to be ruler over

My people, over Israel.

9 And I have been with you wherever 
you have gone, and have cut off all your enemies from before you, and have made you a great name, like the name of the great men who are on the earth.
10 Moreover I will appoint a place for
My people Israel, and will plant them, 
that they may dwell in a place of their
own and move no more; nor shall the 
sons of wickedness oppress them any
more, as previously.







 The Judgment of Solomon, 1617 
by Peter Paul Rubens (1577–1640)


SOLOMON





1 KINGS 3:4-5, 7-10



4 Now the king went to Gibeon to sacrifice there, for that was the great high place: Solomon offered a thousand burnt offerings on that altar.

5 At Gibeon the Lord appeared to Solomon in a dream by night; and God said, “Ask! What shall I give you?”


7 Now, O Lord my God, You have made Your servant king instead of my father David, but I am a little child; I do not know how to go out or come in.

8 And Your servant is in the midst of Your people whom You have chosen, a great people, too numerous to be numbered or counted.

9 Therefore give to Your servant an understanding heart ( WISDOM) to judge Your people, that I may discern between
good and evil. For who is able to judge this great people of Yours?”

10 The speech pleased the Lord, that Solomon had asked this thing. 



1 KINGS 11:9-10



9 So the Lord became angry with Solomon, because his heart had turned from the Lord God of Israel, who had appeared to him twice.

10 And had commanded him concerning this thing, that he should not go after other gods; but he did not keep what the Lord had commanded.


11 Therefore the Lord said to Solomon, “Because you have done this, and have 
not kept My covenant and My statutes, which I have commanded you, I will 
surely tear the kingdom away from you 
and give it to your servant.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE