SAVORING THE WORD OF GOD!






NOTE: PLEASE OVERLOOK THE FONT
ISSUES; CAN'T GET THEM CORRECTED!


I hear God's Word from my pastor at 
church on Sunday. I also have a few
favorite pastors that I watch on T.V. 
Therefore, I come home and watch 
them on Youtube on Sunday 
afternoon. After all,  you can't get
too much of the Word of  God!


I have noticed a new trend from some 
of the TV ministers' programs. There
are comments on the bottom of the 
screen.  while they are giving their 
sermons.  I dislike this trend. It can 
be distracting for me.  I know it 
only take a few seconds to read
these messages; however, it 
offends me.  I can be informed about
their speaking engagement, donations, 
books, and CDs at the end of 
the program. I am trying to concentrate 
on the sermon so I can understand his 
message. 



Proverbs 1:2


To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding;





Lately, some of them interrupt their 
sermons to inform you that they have
written a new book! The title of the
books are often related to their sermons. 
So what, can't it wait!! I am interested 
in their message and sometimes I am
even taking notes. The continuity and
flow of the sermon is broken. 

Most of these T.V. pastors, take the
last few minutes of the program to 
make offers and request donations
and partners anyway. 

I pray these trends prove to be 
unprofitable and they are 
discontinued!


Ecclesiastes 12:9


... the preacher was wise, he still taught the people knowledge; yea, he gave good heed, and sought out, and set in order many proverbs.


Ecclesiastes 12:10


The preacher sought to find out acceptable words: and that which was written was upright, even words of truth.


Matthew 10:7


And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE