MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY!







I was a young girl when Martin Luther King, Jr was killed. I was mature enough 
to realize that his death was a tragedy.  I was just beginning to understand why he fought for civil rights for all people. I read his life story and watched movies about him too. I very was impressed with him because he had more tenancy than most men. I believed that God called Martin Luther King, Jr to fulfill the freedom mission. He knew he was the man for the job. This reminds me of how God knew Moses was the man who could lead the Israelites out of Egypt.  Both of these men were relentless in spite of the obstacles they faced. 







I salute President Regan for being brave enough to pass a law making Martin Luther King, Jr's birthday a federal holiday in 1983.




I  was very sad when I heard about his death on April 4, 1968. Somehow I knew, he would eventually be killed. I was still very proud of him.  He kept on fighting
and delivering his message in spite of 
his home being bombed and his being jailed numerous times. I believe he had fulfilled  the mission God had planned
for him at the time of his death.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE