TIME WASTING!





http://www.wisebread.com








It's the dawning of a new year. I use the first few days of the New Year reflecting 
on the events that happened in 2016.
I ponder whether they good or bad.
Did I make any major boo boos? I'm sure
I did since I am not perfect. I know that there is always room for improvement.

The Bible tells us to study to show thyself approved. This year, I want to dedicate more time to Bible study. It will take
tenacity and commitment to make it happen. Partaking in Bible study can be 
a joyful experience. My method of study determines how interesting and fulfilling 
it will be. I have been unsuccessful with 
the “Reading the Bible in One Year“ method. I’m going to experiment with 
Bible study using a key word or theme. 
I’ll study all of the scriptures that relate
to each subject. 

Here are some scriptures I’ll use to inspire me throughout 2017:

1 Timothy 4:8

 
For bodily exercise profits a little, 
but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the life that now is 
and of that which is to come.



2 Timothy 2:15

Study to show thyself approved unto God, 
a workman that need not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.


2 Timothy 3:16-17


16 All Scripture is given by inspiration 
of God, and is profitable for doctrine, 
for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,  
17 That the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.




Titus 2:7

In all things showing yourself to be a pattern of good works;
In doctrine showing integrity, reverence, incorruptibility,


1 Peter 2:1-3

1 Therefore, laying aside all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking,
As newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby,
If indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE