HIS BIRTH WAS A MIRACLE! #2



www.Wikipedia.com








My parents and Sundays school
teachers told me and my siblings 
about Jesus' birth. The focus was 
mostly on the shepherds, wise men, angels, and the gifts Jesus received.
I didn't hear about the virgin birth until 
I was a teenager. 

My adult Bible study helped me see how
truly miraculous Jesus' birth really was.
I was astounded when I learned He would 
later bear numerous stripes and die for our transgressions.




This week, I'll share  New Testament scriptures that will give details about 
Jesus' miraculous birth.



 LIFE LESSON:


BABY IMMANUEL!







Adoration of the Magi by Florentine painter
Giotto di Bondone (1267–1337).
https://en.wikipedia.org




MATTHEW 1:23



“Behold, the virgin shall be with child, 

 and bear a Son, and they shall call His
name Immanuel,” which is translated, 
“God with us.”


MATTHEW 2:1-2, 7-8, & 13

 
1 Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, wise men from the East came to Jerusalem, 

saying, “Where is He who has been born 
King of the Jews? For we have seen His star
in the East and have come to worship Him.


Then Herod, when he had secretly called the wise men, determined from them what time the star appeared.
And he sent them to Bethlehem and said, “Go and search carefully for the young Child, and when you have found Him, bring back word to me, that I may come and worship Him also.”

 
13 Now when they had departed, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream, saying, “Arise, take the young Child
and His mother, flee to Egypt, and stay there until I bring you word; for Herod will seek the young Child to destroy Him.”




LUKE 1: 42-45


42 Then she spoke out with a loud voice and said, “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb!  
43 But why is this granted to me, that the 
mother of my Lord should come to me?  
44 For indeed, as soon as the voice of your greeting sounded in my ears, the babe leaped
in my womb for joy. 
45 Blessed is she who believed, for there will
be a fulfillment of those things which were 
told her from the Lord.”



LUKE 2:7, 15-20

 
7 And she brought forth her firstborn Son,

and wrapped Him in swaddling cloths, and
laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.

15 So it was, when the angels had gone away from them into heaven, that the shepherds
said to one another, “Let us now go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has come 
to pass, which the Lord has made known to us.”   
16 And they came with haste and found Mary and Joseph, and the Babe lying in a manger. 
17 Now when they had seen Him, they made widely known the saying which was told them 
concerning this Child.  
18 And all those who heard it marveled at those things which were told them by the shepherds.  
19 But Mary kept all these things and pondered them in her heart.  
20 Then the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told them.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE