FAMOUS MOTHER & SON, PART 3



PAINTING:
JESUS  PRAYING IN THE GARDEN, ANDREA MANTEGNA, C. 1460








Some of the scriptures I shared this week showed that Jesus called His Mother Mary, “Woman".  I’ll admit that this troubled me.  Once again I was reminded not to lean on my own understanding! Jesus will always operate on a higher level than me. I have learned that I should pray for clarification
when I don’t understand the scriptures.  
Sometimes I have to read the whole Bible chapter for resolution.



PROVERBS 3: 5-6 , 7



Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.

Do not be wise in your own eyes;




ISAIAH 55:8-9 

 

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.
“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.





LIFE LESSON:


JESUS DID RESPECT HIS MOTHER MARY


INCIDENT @ THE TEMPLE


Jesus didn’t come home with His parents after the feast 
was over at the temple. He was age twelve and was missing
from home for three days.  They finally found him and
He didn’t apologize for upsetting them.  He did honor
them by leaving the temple with them. 


INCIDENT @ THE WEDDING
 

Jesus called Mary, “Woman” at the wedding. He didn't seem to care about there being no wine at the wedding.

He did honor  His mother's  request 
and produced wine for the wedding.




JOHN 2:7-8,


Jesus said to them, “Fill the water pots with water.” And they filled them up to 
the brim.
8 And He said to them, “Draw some out now, and take it to the master of the feast.” And they took it.


 

Mary was obviously aware of Jesus’
super natural powers.  She had faith
in his ability to  produce wine. She also
knew He would carry out her request because she told the servants to follow 
His instructions!


JOHN 2:5 &9

His mother said to the servants, “Whatever He says to you, do it.

When the master of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and did not know where it came from (but the servants who had drawn the water knew)...



 INCIDENTS @ THE CRUCIFIXION



Mary was present and Jesus’ Crucifixion. This was a troubling time for her. I doubt that she dwelled on being called “Woman” after witnessing the atrocities done to her son prior to His death.



Jesus was very distressed about the atrocities that He knew awaited Him.
He felt he had been abandoned. He
even asked if He could be spared His 
fate. Imagine being so upset that your sweat looks like blood! Jesus called 
his mother, “ Woman” but He also said
He was her son.  


 
MATTHEW 27:46

And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying,
 “Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?” that is, “My God, My God, why have 
You forsaken Me?”


LUKE 22:41-44

41 And He was withdrawn from them about a stone’s throw, and He knelt down and prayed,
42 saying, “Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done.”
43 Then an angel appeared to Him from heaven, strengthening Him.
44 And being in agony, He prayed more earnestly. Then His sweat became like great drops of blood falling down to the ground.

JOHN 19:26

26 When Jesus therefore saw His mother, and the disciple whom He loved standing by, He said to His mother, “Woman, behold your son!”







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE