I CAN'T GET TOO MUCH GRACE!






I have been watching The Gospel Truth series on Balancing Faith and Grace.  Grace is a gift from God which you don't have to earn or do good works 
to get it. ( Ephesians 2: 8-9). It is a blessing to know that I freely receive God's grace, mercy, and unconditional love.  

Jesus told us to have faith in God

(Mark 11: 22). Having faith in God 
is necessary for the healing of my diseases. (Mark  11: 22-24; 
Matthew 21: 21). My faith is strengthened when I think about
all of the blessings and healings
I have received from God!

There was mention of forgiveness 

of sin in this series. Jesus died on
the cross for the sins of all men 
( Romans 5:8; 1 Corinthians 5:3:
1 John 2:2). I am grieved when 
I read about Jesus'  crown of thorns, mocking, spitting, flogging, nailing 
of  His hands and feet to the cross, 
and the piercing of His side
with a spear (1 John 2:2; 
Matthew 27-26-50). This demonstrates His love for me but unfortunately,
I still commit sins and fall short!  Romans 3: 23 tells me that all of us have sinned and fallen short of God's glory! Christ forgives my sins yet,
this doesn't give me permission to abuse His love and His sacrifice on the cross.  I  wrestle daily with temptations from the devil and my flesh. I try to repent as soon as I realize I have messed up! I desire to give angels 
in heaven joy when I repent.
( Luke 15: 7-10). 








Jesus has ascended 
to heaven but
The Word of God still commands people to repent. 
( Mark 6:12, Acts 2:38; 3:19, 29-32)







https://en.wikipedia.org





One thing I am sure of, I'll continue to strive for righteousness and holiness. 

I want my actions to be pleasing to God.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE