HONOR YOUR MOTHER!






A mother is defined a female who gives birth to a child. I also saw: to protect and bring up a child with love and affection. The mothers' definition can also include  sacrificing their needs and giving selfless love to their children. 


Yes, motherhood is a role which 
deserves honor in my opinion. Some mothers have  been contributing to 
the family finances for many years. 
I'm impressed with the mother who 
was fortunate to find a legitimate work
at home job. They were earning money 
while caring for their children at home. 
I applaud  adoptive mothers and foster mothers who raise and love some one else's child. I can't forget all of those sweet grandmothers who raised their grandchildren when birth mothers were absent. I  have met men who had role of mother and father because the mother 
was gone. 

The government " got it right" when
they decided to make Mother's Day a national holiday.

I love the TV commercial showing an adoptive girl saying, "My parents aren't perfect but they are perfect for me. " 


It made me thinks about grown-up children who haven't forgiven their
mothers for conflicts that  may have happened during their childhood. Some grown-up children did forgive after
they had children. They realized that motherhood can be complicated.  Some grown children are now able to have a frank discussion about old family matters  and resolve serious conflicts.

I'm retired now and try to spend more time with my mother. I have learned to have  exercise patience and kindness
because I cherish each day I she is with me!
 

I try to be supportive to friends who have lost their mothers. They feel depressed on Mother's Day because sweet memories return. These memories remind them how
much they still miss their mothers.

 


THE FOLLOWING SCRIPTURES  HONOR MOTHERS:



EXODUS 20:12

“Honor your father and your mother, 

that your days may be long upon the
land which the Lord your God is giving you.


DEUTERONOMY  5:16



‘Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord your God has commanded you, that your days may be long, and that it may be well with you in the land which the Lord your God is giving you.


 

MATTHEW 15: 3-6


3 He answered and said to them, “Why do you also transgress the commandment of God because of your tradition?
4 For God commanded, saying, ‘Honor your father and your mother’;  and,

‘He who curses father or mother, let him be put to death.’
5 But you say, ‘Whoever says to his father or mother,
“Whatever profit you might have received from me is a gift
to God”—
6 Then he need not honor his father

or mother.’ Thus you have made the commandment of God of no effect by
your tradition. 


PROVERB 23:22, 24-25



22 Listen to your father who begot you,
And do not despise your mother when she is old.
24 The father of the righteous will greatly rejoice,
And he who begets a wise child will delight in him.
25 Let your father and your mother be glad,
And let her who bore you rejoice.

 
1 Timothy 5: 1-2

1 Do not rebuke an older man, but exhort him as a father, younger men as brothers,
2 Older women as mothers, younger women as sisters, with all purity.
  


MOTHER DAY SONG:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE