DEPICTION OF ADAM & EVE WITH THEIR CHILDREN I say thank you to PBS for featuring TV shows on researching your family tree by Heny Louis Gates, Jr. The show was called, "Finding Your Roots". I enjoyed this show and and eventually became very good at family tree research. Genealogy was important during Bible days and the Bible book of Genesis gives us several family trees. Today I am showing Adam and Eve’s family tree. GENESIS 2: 18, 22-24 18 And the Lord God said, “ It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him. 22 Then the rib which the Lord God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man. 23 And Adam said: “This is now bone of my bones And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man.” 24 Therefore ...
It took me a while to realize you need to be careful where you get your advice from. Motherly advice is good sometimes.Advice from a friend can be useful too.Some people use a mentor or their pastor when they need serious counsel. In later years we learned to use the Bible as our guidebook on parenting, marriage, money, and relationships. I prayed for the Lord to grant us His wisdom every day. The Bible was a perfect reference and guide because the scriptures are inspired by God. My parents stressed that you had to chose your friends wisely. They wouldn't like me be around girls who had a bad reputation. My brothers did not hang around boys who had criminal history. My parents were afraid they would influence us and make us rebellious. Today I am sharing scriptures that describe good character traits for friends. There are scriptures in the Bible that show people who h...
I feel like this summer was so hot this year! One reason may be because I spent this summer with my 88 year old mother. I discovered that her body temperature must be at least 20 degrees lower than mine. She felt comfortable with air conditioner set between 75 to 80 degrees! I endured by drinking iced filled drinks and partially frozen bottled water. I love her and want to her to stay comfortable. I had just purchased two unusual cactus plants oline. Then, I decided to go stay my mother for a few months. I couldn't just leave my plants unattended in my front yard. I know these are low maintenance cactus plants. But these were my new Babies. I traveled 50 miles with them loaded in my SUV. They tolerated the ride just fine without tipping over. I sat the Fire Stick cactus and the Sunburst Aeonium Cristata cactus on my Mom's front lawn. Now the Fall season has come and th...
Comments
Post a Comment